Hiawatha D. art & design
We.APP Residency @ Summit Sierra Charter School
Deadline: Friday, January 19th
We.APP Young Artists Academy, Speak With Purpose:
Speak With Purpose teaches young scholars, grades 9 - 11th to use public speaking to discover, develop, and openly present their opinion and truth! Speak With Purpose provides a safe space for youth to express themselves through writing, acting, and presenting in order to develop original powerful presentations that impact youth, schools, and communities.
Expedition Three (Feb 5th - 16th):
Speak Up and Speak Out: Apply public speaking and writing skills to develop powerful stage presence. Prepare original pieces for We.App, Rising Voices Oratory (speech) Competition (date TBD).
Expedition Four (April 30th - May 11th):
Summit Sierra Day of Celebration: A dynamic end-of-the-year original performance created by Speak With Purpose young scholars through skits, spoken-word, speeches and much more!
• Must have at least 2 years teaching experience in a classroom setting
• Experience planning a lesson, including modeling, demonstrating and differentiated instruction
• Experienced at guiding students to full-scale culminating presentations
• Highly skilled in one or all of the following disciplines; acting, improvisation, writing, movement, vocal production,
• Experience with public speaking and presentations
• Cultural competency to work with students from diverse backgrounds
• Time management and classroom management skills
PAY & HOURS:
• Pay: $23 - $25 per hour
o Hours: 10am - 3:30pm
o Two sessions- Session ONE: 10:20am - 12:35pm and Session TWO: 1:15pm - 3:30pm)
First & Last Name
Please provide sample lesson plan.
Describe your experience working with high school students of diverse backgrounds.
Check the box that pertains to your technology level (projector, smart board, doc cam, laptop,etc.).
Do Not Fill This Out